APS Attendance Guidelines
Regular attendance is a key to school success. On time, daily attendance is a critical component of this educational process. We understand sometimes families may need support to help their child be successful. School staff can direct you to possible resources within the school community. Teachers take attendance daily.
- A parent/guardian must notify the school at 881-9797 ext. 1, when a student is going to be absent. Absences may be excused for the following reasons with appropriate documentation:
- Illness (including chronic illness documented on a health plan, IEP or 504 plan)
- Limited family emergencies; family deaths
- Medical, health or legal appointments
- Religious commitment All absences for other reasons are unexcused.